Sunday, May 16, 2010

God at Work!

So, that handy little book for B's diet?  It turned out to be not so useful.  But let me tell you how God had prepared me for this and gave me the equipment to handle it.

Before I knew about B's food allergies, I was on a MOPS internet forum.  There was a woman there who had mentioned her son's multiple food allergies and I thought, "Wow.  I'm so glad we don't have to deal with that!"  Also, in another post, she said she was so excited about a cookbook that made everything easier for her.  I didn't think much of it.

Fast forward to our first allergy testing results.  I was at a loss, but remembered that post.  I sent that lady a message and she told me the name of the book.  The Super Allergy Girl Gluten-Free, Casein-Free, Nut-Free Allergy & Celiac Cookbook by Lisa A. Lundy

I ordered that book right away.  I read up on rotation diets, not knowing B would soon be put on one.  I learned about food families and nutrition.  I poured over that book for hours, no kidding.  Six weeks later when B was put on a rotation diet, I already knew so much.  I took the handy-not-so-handy book from the dietician and revamped the whole thing to fit B's needs.  I never would have been able to do this without the knowledge I gleaned from that Super Allergy book.  I never would have known about that book had God not put that wonderful stranger in my path.  Amazing.  What is even more incredible is the speaker at the Autism One conference is none other than Lisa Lundy! the author of the book.  We had no idea when Erik signed us up.  God at work!

1 comment:

  1. Shhh, don't tell her you know this, but she's SOOOO excited to know that tidbit of information helped you out. If she can pass on one little thing to help another Mom, her very hard journey is worth it.

    Gee, wink, wink, hello!!!! Hehehe. Glad the book helped. We love it here, still!

    ReplyDelete