It is so good to be home! In 11 hours, I will be holding B and Smoochie in my arms again! The amount of information we learned at the Autism One conference is overwhelming. A good kind of overwhelming. I could go deep into the science, but my brain is mush. So, I'll share just some of the lighter things I learned:
1. Avocados can be made into delish chocolate pudding!
2. There are more than 5 senses and B has issues with senses I didn't even know existed. Vestibular?!?
Awesome speakers on Sensory Processing Disorder!
3. I so admire and look up to the parents who are finding cures to their children's autism. They are some of the strongest people I have the privilege of knowing.
4. Jenny McCarthy is a fantastic speaker and advocate for her child.
5. Dr. Wakefield is a hero.
6. Biomedical treatment is unfairly scrutinized. It has amazing results and makes much more sense than
pysch. drugs. Well, I didn't just learn this...look at B's results!
7. There is such a thing as gluten free, casein free, soy free chocolate chips and soon I will have 4 bags delivered to me :)
8. Bryson's behavior issues are caused by too much sensory stimulation. So, when he asks for a tent or a really long bath, he really just wants to block out everything for a while. Hmmmm......maybe I have SPD....
9. Erik and I make a really great team. He is my rock and my best friend. We are very lucky to have each others support and love.
10. Cooking for B is tough work, but you know what? It's not near as hard as not seeing his little face and getting lovies from Jilly for a week. I will spend 12 hours in the kitchen if it means B & J will be playing at my feet.
* I called B today and said, "You have one more night night time at Grandma's, then we're coming to get you." He replied with this, "ALRIGHT!!!! Mom, that was a really long meeting." I agree.
10 hours and 32 minutes....then all will be right with my world.
Chicken Schwarma + Coconut Basmati + Cucumber Salad + Cauliflower Chickpea Curry - Here's a meal that you cannot forget. You know the ones... they stick with you. The smells, the textures, the memories. It has all the qualities of warmth...
9 hours ago