Just a quick update before we start school for the day.
1. Bry is gaining weight! Can I get a Hallelujah? Woot! :)
2. I've realized we've had more good days lately, than bad. His tics are so much better. Even when he has a bad day, good days follow quickly after.
3. He is sleeping a lot. I'm so thankful for homeschooling because today he slept till 10:30. I've noticed that his sleeping usually correlates with tremendous healing. I welcome that sleep!
4. B is reading so much now. Every book he brings to me, he's able to read with some help for the really big words. When I read to him, he's asking me to point out specific words. He's reading over my shoulder. Last night, as I was reading, he said, "Mommy, I found the word 'knocker!' Um....knocker has a silent 'k.' How awesome that he found that word out of all the words!
And now a little update on Jilly.
1. She's still adorable as ever. She's telling me her letter sounds and likes to count for me. She also likes to 'write' books. Today she 'wrote' a musical about fruits and vegetables. It was a hoot!
2. She's a little mommy and is always playing 'babies.' Right now, they are lined up in the hallway in cradles, highchairs, strollers, and shopping carts. She says she's having a yard sale. Ha!
3. She's having some dental work done next week and will be sedated. :( I'm not looking forward to it, but it's unavoidable. We would certainly appreciate prayer that it goes smoothly and that there are no complications.
That's what is going on in our busy life. I'm so happy with B's healing even in the middle of flu season. I'm also thankful that the awful flu seems to have skipped over our family. *knock on wood* I'm definitely counting our blessings! It seems the clouds have lifted for now and we are relishing the sunshine.
Pinocchio Literature Unit Study - Pinocchio Literature Unit Study is a post from Confessions of a Homeschooler. If you’ve enjoyed this post, be sure to follow Erica on Instagram, Twitter, ...
3 hours ago