I'm not embarrassed to admit I Googled Versatile. This is what it means according to dictionary.com :
- capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to anotherof various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: a versatile writer. (Yup. Some may call it ADD. I much prefer versatile. And the shoe fits.)
- having or capable of many uses: a versatile tool. (I can write a blog, shop online, check facebook, get my kids back into bed, get my kids back into bed again...all at the same time. I have many uses!)
- Botany . attached at or near the middle so as to swingfreely, as an anther. (Huh? I swing freely? Like an anther?)
Here are the rules for accepting this award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
Thank you Tasha at One Day at a Time..... Tasha has a sweet blog about her life and family. She is a huge advocate for her little boy with Infantile Scoliosis. And she is a home educator. I could learn a lot from her!
2. Tell 7 things about yourself.
- When I was 17, I went on a date with a gorgeous guy. I was smitten. We're still dating....even if our dates often include our children. And I'm still smitten.
- I love all vegetables accept for eggplant. I really want to love it...but yuck! Maybe I just don't know how to cook it. I really wish the rest of my family would love veggies because it's really hard to eat a sack of turnips by myself.
- I was a preschool teacher before I had kids and I LOVED teaching. I miss it sometimes, but I find being a stay at home mom to be more rewarding.
- I'm not scared of bugs if they have 6 legs or less. Anything over 6 legs is just plain creepy. I made myself hold a millipede in college to get over my fear. *shudder* Obviously, it didn't work.
- If any sport involves a ball, even putt putt golf or bowling, I will lose. Or my team will lose. I'm that uncoordinated.
- I really enjoy doing the laundry. I find it soothing, and I can fold while I watch the television. If anyone would like to clean my kitchen, I'll do your laundry. Any takers?
- I thought I'd be a lot better at being a wife/mom. I think we all think that, don't we? Sometimes I wish I had a mentor to come in and show me how it's done. But when my kids give me a zillion hugs throughout the day and when Erik gives me that same smile that melted my 17 year old heart, I realize God has blessed me immensely and I'm eternally grateful.
3. Now I must pass on the Versatile Blogger Award. I follow a lot of great blogs!
I'm linking to my dear friend at Copelands on the Cusp. She just has the sweetest family. I love her writing and I admire her mothering skills. I want to be her when I grow up. :)
PS- Please forgive the funkiness of this blog entry's format. I'm not quite sure what happened, but I'm going to swing like an anther and let it go.